Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Genetics & Health Symposium - Down Syndrome



I completed this project with two of my classmates, Annette, and Tila and we decided to create a podcast called "Down for Bio".

Introduction
When my teacher introduced the Genetics and Health Symposium I knew right away that I wanted to study Down Syndrome as DS is a condition that has affected my family in the past. It was just my luck that two amazing AP Bio Teammates of mine also wanted to study Down Syndrome, we were grouped together and worked very well as a group. Watch and Listen to our Podcast below!


Reflection
Down Syndrome is very interesting and there was certainly a lot to learn and discover. Part of the assignment was to conduct an interview with someone who is directly impacted or works with people with the condition, in our case Down Syndrome. As you saw, we interviewed one of Annette's friends, Marianna who volunteers with Down Syndrome individuals in Amman, Jordan as well as Dr. Phillip who is a Pediatric Anesthesiologist. The interviews were a great experience, and having two different view points, one from a volunteer prospective and one from the medical perspective gave us great insights.

My group and I edited our video and added visuals through Canva, which improved my media skills and I can now create more advanced projects through the platform in the future. I am very proud of the work we put in, and this was by far one of my favorite projects we have done thus far.


"Extra Chromosome, Extra Love"

- Marriana Haddadin





No comments:

Post a Comment