The environment is the smartest engineering the world will ever know. All of nature has been engineered by our planet and has evolved to changes in order to act like one perfectly oiled machine. Biotechnology is the recognition of this power that the natural world holds and applying technology in ways that focus on enhancing the things our environment has already made, rather than trying to add onto the world with entirely new inventions or engineering concepts. One amazing way that this is used is through environmental cleanup, which guides the genius of the environment to clean itself! Look through the slide deck below to learn more.
This was such an interesting topic, and I loved learning more about biotechnology through this project! Completing this assignment confirmed to me that I want to go into a field related to Biotechnology or Bioengineering. I've always wanted to go into a career that helps protect our environment, and the idea that we can use the structures that the environment already holds and rewire them to clean up the messes humans have made is so amazing! If my team could improve on our slide deck, I think we could have put more work into editing the formatting of the slides to make them more visually appealing (for example, changing the font or adding colors). It also may have been helpful to add brief bullet points on what each of our images represented, so it would be easier for people to understand our slide deck when we aren't presenting the slide deck to them. I believe we also could've added a recent breakthrough related to a form of environmental cleanup different from Phytoextraction that had been covered in the slide before so there was more of a range of types of environmental cleanup highlighted.
No comments:
Post a Comment